Prof. Dr. Eduardo G. Pereira has academic and/or practical experience in over 40 jurisdictions around the world as highlighted above. Some of his key assignments could be summarised below:
- Drafting and/or reviewing energy/petroleum policies and regulations.
- Drafting and/or negotiating petroleum contracts.
- Drafting petroleum manuals.
- M&A transactions and due diligence.
- Expert opinion in arbitration cases
- Al-Sudan Energia 1 Sarl (Part of STR Group – Swiss entity). Managing Director, general counsel and leading negotiator with the Government of Sudan, Sudapet and a third party to conclude and execute EPSAs and FOAs. Revising and approving the company policies and recruitment strategy. Drafting and negotiating several agreements to incorporate a local branch and to comply with the MWO established in the relevant EPSAs and Study Agreement.
- Petra Energia Magrihb Sarl (Part of STR Group – Moroccan entity). Managing Director, general counsel and leading negotiator with the Government of Morocco/ONHYM to conclude and execute reconnaissance contracts. Revising and approving the company policies and recruitment strategy. Drafting and negotiating several agreements to incorporate a subsidiary and to comply with the MWO established in the relevant reconnaissance contracts.
- Petra Holding GmbH & STR Holding (Part of STR Group – Austrian entities). Managing Director and general counsel responsible for overseeing the international business, policies and compliance as the main headquarters for the international business from STR group.
- Petra BV (Part of STR Group – Dutch entity). Managing director, general counsel and member of the negotiation team with the Government of Chad and SHT to conclude and execute a PSA. Revising and approving the company policies and recruitment strategy. Drafting and negotiating several agreements to comply with the MWO established in the relevant PSA.
- Petra Energia S.A. (Part of STR Group – Brazilian entity). Corporate director responsible for revising company policies, supporting the compliance team, leading negotiator with potential investors and JV partners, managing dispute resolutions and mediations, among others.
- Oil M&S Brasil S.A. (Part of STR Group – Brazilian entity). Legal counsel and responsible for drafting and negotiating NDAs, JSBAS, JOAs, FOAs, qualifying the company for the ANP´s bid rounds, supporting environmental permits, drafting and negotiating agreements to comply with the MWO established in the concession agreements, supporting corporate affairs, among others.
- Siberian Federal University (Russia), Externado University of Colombia (Colombia), University of Eastern Finland (Finland), University of Oslo (Norway), University of Reykjavik (Iceland), University of Aberdeen (Scotland), University of Dundee (Scotland), University of Houston (USA), Texas A&M University (USA), Louisiana State University, University of Calgary (Canada), University College of London (Australian campus), Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (Austria), Autonomous University of Nueno León (Mexico), University of Warsaw (Poland), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Central European University (Hungary), University of Copenhagen (Denmark), European Law Student Association (Romania), Catholic University of Portugal (Portugal), Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal), University of Ljubljana (Slovenia), SciencePo (France), European University of St. Petersburg (Russia), University of Tartu (Estonia), ADA University (Azerbaijan), Faculdade Getulio Vargas (Brazil), University of Athens (Greece), Agostinho Neto University (Angola), among others.
Short Professional CV: access here.